The Arab Center of Washington Board greatly appreciates your willingness to offer your gifts and expertise to bringing about a successful 2013 Arab Festival. Please carefully consider the options below, where you can volunteer your time and effort. Without you, there will be no Festival, for it is the dedicated, sustained work of many that produces the wonderful signature event we are so proud of.
The following is a breakdown of the various departments needed to give shape to the Festival. You might like to take on a variety of tasks, if you feel you can be persistent in their execution. Or, you might prefer to focus on one type for which you have the appropriate skills. Be realistic in your choice, for in the end you will have contributed your best for the 2013 Festival.
Please contact Su Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
- individual fund raising
- grant writing
- insurance/legal matters
- seeking sponsors
- event fund raising (prior to Festival)
MARKETING AND PUBLICITY:
- designing/ printing/distributing flyers and postcards (6 months in advance)
- designing and printing the Festival program
- press releases
- high tech publicity
- managing the Information booth at the Festival
- booking performers/lecturers, etc. (starting immediately)
- planning/executing other shows (e.g. fashion show, food demos, etc.)
- workshops and exhibits
- children’s activities
- recruiting /orienting volunteers
- keeping track of overall Festival operations & supplying volunteers as needed
- setting up and managing volunteer booth on Festival days
- sustaining/supporting volunteers while on the job at the Festival
- acknowledging/rewarding volunteers’ efforts
OVERALL FESTIVAL LAYOUT:
- reflection of overall theme of Festival
- placement of booths, display cases/dividers
- making signs & planning signage
- accommodating booths with electricity & water, if needed
- soliciting country booths
- soliciting vendor booths
- soliciting food booths
- organizing the coffee shop
It is a massive undertaking. However, with your help and commitment, we can make it happen.
Thank you VERY much for being willing to help in this wonderfully inclusive cultural event.
~The ACW Board of Directors